Monday, May 16, 2011

Test Time

Wednesday I finish up my level-one Bulgarian course with a test.  My teacher has no doubt that I will pass as she says that we are already working on material well into the second level, but I would appreciate your prayers anyway.
We spent most of our lesson time today in conversation.  It was good practice, and my teacher was quite encouraging by commenting on how well I spoke.  Yet she never let up on me, and constantly corrected every mistake I made.  At one point I added a Bulgarian ending to a Polish word.  My teacher told me with a smile to "Stop making up words."
Knowing Polish has been a big help in learning Bulgarian, but from time to time it has caused some linguistic interference.  Still, I am much better off coming at Bulgarian already having two languages under my belt.
Thanks for your prayers.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment