Friday, April 27, 2012

Coming Home

I'm a happy man today.  Sasha is on her way home!

It has been quite a week.  Everything went smoothly here on the home front.  The girls did all their schoolwork.  We took a trip to the zoo.  There was bike riding, and good family fun.  I also got some office work done, and caught up on some reading.  It did feel strange to spend all my time with the girls, but it was nice to be able to give Sasha a break and bond with my daughters at the same time.

Though things went well here in Sofia, the extended family went through a period of mourning.  Sasha's Grandpa passed away on Tuesday.  This was very sad for the whole family, though it was expected to happen sometime soon.  He was 89 years old and in failing health.  We all have fond memories of him, and he will be missed.

The girls were sad to hear of his passing.  They just met him last fall.  They still talk about the trip to meet Pradiado and Prababa (Great-grandpa and Great-grandma).  The girls were also sad that Baba and Diado had to leave.  They were watching the girls this week, but of course had to return to Drianovo for the funeral.

I was going to pack up the girls and go to the funeral as well, but my father in law informed me that the funeral would probably not be a good place for the girls.  He told me rather that it would be best to come to the 40 day remembrance service in June.

Sasha was sad to miss the funeral as well, but she also agreed that the 40 day service would be a better one to go to for the kids.  Besides, then we can all go.

Today, I will clean house in expectation of the queen's arrival.  It will be good to see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment