Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Afternoon Surprise

Early this afternoon we got a call from the mom of one of Veronica's classmates.  She and her daughter wanted to come over for a visit.  Sasha quickly told me to put my tools away and stop my Saturday afternoon projects because we were having guests.

As I type this, Sasha is upstairs conversing with the mom over cookies, and the girls are playing with Veronica's friend.

One thing I love about our neighborhood is that it actually feels like a neighborhood.  We have friends just stop by for the fun of it.  It seems to be easier to connect with those around us than it was last year in our old neighborhood.

I'm very glad to see Sasha and the girls connecting with our neighbors.  It makes home feel more like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment