A lot of people ask me why I live in Bulgaria. Why not somewhere else? Naturally, I have several spiritual and strategic reasons for living in Sofia, but today, I want to give you my top 10 reasons why anyone would love Bulgaria.
10) Bulgarian Produce: Peppers, grapes, plumbs, and peaches; Bulgarian produce is fresh, healthy, and delicious.
9) Diversity in Vehicles: On the same street on the same day in Sofia you can see a Ferrari, Honda, and horse drawn cart.
|The Ancient Plovdiv Amphitheater|
8) History: You can find remnants of 5 major empires around the country.
7) More History: In downtown Sofia alone you can see structures from three millennia.
6) Even More History: You are just a few hours from many well know Biblical sites.
|My old running path.|
5) Green Spaces: In a city of 1.2 million people, you are never far from a forested area. I can walk to one from my home in one of Sofia's biggest neighborhoods.
4) The Black Sea: By far, the best body of water I have ever vacationed on. (Sorry Lake of the Ozarks.)
3) Linguistic Advantages: If you learn Bulgarian you almost automatically learn Macedonian which means you learned two new languages for the price of one. (And you can tell your friends you are trilingual which for an American is very cool.)
|Yes, this is actually what it looks like in Sofia|
2) Every morning you wake up in Europe surrounded by mountains: This one almost took first place, but the beauty of Bulgaria's mountains can only be passed up by the beauty of #1
1) Bulgarians: They are a warm friendly beautiful people. Also they tend to like Americans which is nice for people like me. It is great to just sit down and spend a few hours talking to my Bulgarian friends and neighbors over a cup of coffee (or boza if you have the stomach for it).
Did I peak your interest? Is Bulgaria calling to you? Do you want to learn how you can serve God in this beautiful country? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.