Tuesday, July 14, 2015

What Kind of Christian Should I Be?

“What kind of Christian should I be?”
It's a question many ask?
For though I am saved by grace,
It seems I have a task.

I could be a famous Christian!
A mega church I could pastor.
All my books would be best sellers.
Social media I would master.

Yet that path could be quite dangerous.
Though my teaching all would see;
Popularity would become my god,
Others would worship me.

I could be an important Christian.
In the boardroom I could meet.
I could share my great strategic plans.
Sit as chairman in a seat.

Yet somehow that’s not fulfilling.
I could plan all day.  It’s true.
But with all of my great thinking,
Is there anything I would do?

I could be a comfortable Christian.
I could work hard for myself.
Leave the ministry to others.
Keep my faith up on the shelf.

What would be the point of that?
In this life I’d get ahead.
I would live a life of luxury,
And then someday I’d be dead.

The Christian walk isn’t easy.
No promise of fortune or fame.
Even Jesus suffered greatly.
We as Christians bear His name.

But God made you for a purpose.
He gifted you to thrive.
It’s when we abide in Him
That we truly come alive.

Be who He made you to be.
I don’t promise happiness or fun.
You may lose much in the world.

But it’s worth it for “Well Done.”

2 comments:

  1. Many years ago I was talking to my father about sharing faith with others. My father was a well know prominent man, a manager of many men at a corporation, but he himself was not a Christian. There were several men that worked under him who constantly badgered him to read his bible, go to church and turn to God. They were very well intentioned. But it made my dad angry. I knew a Christian man who worked under my father, his name was Dennis. I told my dad matter of factly that "Dennis is a Christian."
    My dad looked at me surprised "Dennis?" he asked "Dennis is a quiet, hard working, polite man, who never gives anyone problems!"
    I replied "Dad, isn't that what a Christian is?"

    My dad died 6 years ago. He had an illness that attacked his brain and he died within months. He never became a Christian and the disease took away all possibility of talking with him about it. God judged Him, as He'll judge us all fairly. :o) Not wanting to lose even one sheep. :o)
    I so often think of that conversation my dad and I had when I "feel" like no one notices my message.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS $$$.
    Are you looking for a loan to pay off your bills and start up your own Business? We can assist you with any amount you need with just 3% interest rate provided you are going to pay back at when due. If interested do contact us via email today for more details.

    Application For loan.
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Date Of Birth:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Country:
    Nationality:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Amount Needed $$$:
    Loan Duration:
    Purpose of the loan:
    E-mail address:

    Email: henski.john46@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete