Saturday, May 2, 2020

Missing out.

I come back to the United States one year out of every five.  During this time I have a number of speaking engagements and get a chance to reconnect with friends and family.  This year, about 25% of my time in the US I have been stuck at home because of this virus.

Yesterday I was talking with my brother about how frustrating it is to be here yet not be able to be here.  I cannot visit people.  Speaking engagements have been canceled.  I have not even left the county since March.

He calmly asked me, “What would you be doing now if you were back in Bulgaria?”

“I would be stuck at home with even tighter restrictions not able to do anything.”

I guess I forgot the “pan” part of pandemic.  Most of the world is in the same situation.  Everyone is missing out on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment