Sunday, October 14, 2012

CTL

I'm in Hungary at the moment attend the City Team Leaders' conference.  We have been talking a lot about global partnerships.  This makes a lot of sense to me as the Church is meant to be from all nations.  It only makes sense that the Church's ministry be from all nations as well.

I was reflecting today on just how natural global relationships have become.  My two closest friends are a Polish guy I met while living in Szczecin, and a Texan who is married to a Canadian.  I'm married to a Bulgarian.  I currently have cousins living in Africa, Asia, and North America.  I have never had an English conversation with my father-in-law.  Every Wednesday, Sasha takes the girls over to the home of a British woman living in Sofia.  Last year I taught English to men from Turkey living in Bulgaria.  The list goes on and on.

In the age of the internet, global communication quick and effortless.  Just look at the map on this blog.  I've had readers from every continent except Antarctica.

It is evident that international relationships mean more today then they ever have in the past.  As a ministry leader, I need to evaluate how best to serve not just in my own city, but globally.

Please pray that I do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment