Monday, May 5, 2014

Ich Bin Ein Berliner

No I am not actually a person from Berlin.  Neither am I a jelly doughnut.  (That's German humor.)  However, in a few hours I fly to Berlin to take part in the Europe South City Team Leaders' meetings.  Two years ago these meetings were held in Sofia.  Last year they were in Athens.  This year they are in Berlin.

Yes, I realize Berlin is not actually in southern Europe.  However, it is a bit of an experimental city for ReachGlobal, and just about all of us could learn something from the way things have been done there.  I have been following the Berlin city team's work since we lived just a couple hours away in Szczecin, Poland years ago.  I copied some of the early tactics of the Berlin Team when I started the Sofia Team.  I am curious to see how things are going for them and learning if there are any other ways we can emulate them.

I am also excited to see my fellow Europe South CTLs.  In a way, these meetings feel kind of like a family reunion.  For people who only see each other once or twice a year, we are a fairly close knit group.  I feel perfectly safe opening up to them as one would with a close family member.  I'm looking forward to seeing them all again and learning about how God is working in their cities and in their lives.

Well, I'm off! 


No comments:

Post a Comment