Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Termination of Term One

Saturday we will end our first term in Bulgaria.  As I was walking around town today, I looked around at the people, the buildings, and the parks.  I though, "It has been a good first few years."  Here, in no particular order, are some of the highlights:

We hosted the ReachGlobal Europe South and East city teams in December of 2011 for their annual meetings.

I taught English to several business men and women from Bulgaria and Turkey.

Sasha translated counseling sessions for victims of human trafficking.

I taught countless Bible studies at our home, at other homes, and at the refugee ministry of International Baptist Church of Sofia.

We provided food, clothing, and bedding for refugees from around the world.

KENNY!!!! We had a great teammate.

I was named the ReachGlobal Sofia City Team Leader.

I mentored a man who has since left Bulgaria to serve in ministry abroad.

We made a video about various ministries in Bulgaria to promote the work here.  

We spent hours in prayer with our fellow believers in Bulgaria.

Our two oldest girls attended Bulgarian school and received great grades.  (All three of our girls are very smart.)

We learned Bulgarian.  (Except for Sasha.  She did that a few years earlier.)

We saw people make decisions for Jesus.

I baptized Sophie.

We made many many friends.

Sasha, Kenny, and I climbed Bulgaria's tallest mountain.

We visited three seas and two Biblical cities.

I could go on and on.  It was a great term.  God has done some amazing things in Bulgaria.  It has been a privilege to be part of His work here.

I do not want to go.

We will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment